Frequently Asked Questions
How do attendees usually dress?
- While people attending our church are often in 'business casual', wearing shorts or jeans is not uncommon either. Wear something that you're comfortable in!
How many people attend there?
- During the school year it's about 100; in summer it may drop to 70 or so.
Do you have Bibles and song books, or use media projectors?
- We have Bibles (NIV version), hymnals, and chorus books in the pews. We do have a projector that we occasionally use, but not very often.
How long is your Sunday service?
- We start at 10:30, and are usually done about 11:30 or 11:45. We also have coffee and snacks afterwards; we'd be happy to have you stay for a bit and share in our hospitality!
What kids programs do you have on Sundays?
- For younger kids up to 3 years old, there's a staffed nursery available. For kids that are 3-5 or so, we have "busy bags" that they can take into the service to help keep them occupied. During the school year, we also have Word of God classes for ages [not sure here - Kindergarten through 6th grade?] that are dismissed from the church service. Our Sunday services also usually include a brief Children's Moment as well.
Can I participate in Communion (The Lord's Supper) if I am not a member of the church?
- Yes, you can. You do not need to be a member of our church to partake in the Lord's Supper.
How can I become a member of the Church?
- If you are a member of another church, you can have your membership transferred to this church. You must request your current church to send us your membership and documents and we'll help with the rest. A vote of the Diaconate and acceptance of our church covenant.
- Not a member of another church? No problem, you can still become a member!
- Upon acceptance of our church covenant and by the church Diaconate
- Affirmation of faith and / or
- Confession of faith and baptism.
I want to help with missions and outreach. Do I have to be a member of the church?
- No. We have several people to participate in our outreach ministries that are not members of this church. Help is always welcome and all you need to do is contact the church to learn more.